#AccessFife led by Fife Tourism Partnership, Homelands Trust & The Rings is the next step to promote accessible tourism in Scotland.
Accessible tourism is the vision to harness the growing, high value accessible tourism market, and for Scotland to become internationally recognised as a leading destination for people with access needs. Investment in accessible tourism will help improve social inclusion and sustainability and boost tourism's GVA contribution to the Scottish economy.
Strategic Project Outcomes for #AccessFife
1. Establish the social and economic benefits to businesses, visitors, and the area as a whole of creating an accessible destination.
2. Establish the principles of methodology required to make accessible tourism a reality, to ensure that there is a legacy from the project, which will allow the approach to be replicated in other destinations within Scotland and elsewhere in Europe, making Fife a leader in accessible tourism.
3. Establish the synergy between different players in the tourism 'system' that is required to motivate and deliver, across the supply chain, a fully inclusive destination.
• Training: All staff to complete an online Accessible Tourism training programme (this has already been developed by VisitScotland and funded by the Scottish Government).
• Information: Each business to complete an Accessibility Guide using an online Access Statement builder tool and adding this to their web-site
• Physical access: Businesses to take practical steps to improve their accessibility and enhance their Access Statement – on a scale that is feasible for the business. These should include, where reasonable, both amendments to improve service provision (e.g. large print menus in restaurants, BSL guides in visitor attractions, provision for assistance dogs, etc.), and amendments to improve physical access.
More information on Accessible Tourism can be found here.
For more information, email [email protected]
Further Hospitality Rules Introduced
Mon 10 Aug 20
Settings where face coverings must be legally worn in Scotland is expanding to include...Read More
TAYPORT DISTILLERY WINS GOLD OUTSTANDING AT THE INTERNATIONAL WINE...
Fri 7 Aug 20
Tayport Distillery are delighted to announce that they have won two Gold Medals at the...Read More
Regional Only in Scotland films
Fri 7 Aug 20
This week, VisitScotland launched the first in their series of new regional films...Read More
Update Your Listing on WelcometoFife.com
Fri 7 Aug 20
Please remember to update any business listings you have on our consumer...Read More
Latest STERG meeting
Thu 6 Aug 20
The latest STERG meeting was held this morning. The following areas were...Read More
iCentre Reopening Plans
Thu 6 Aug 20
Via https://www.visitscotland.org/news/2020/icentre-reopening-plans As tourism...Read More
Eat Out to Help Out Survey
Tue 4 Aug 20
The 'Eat Out to Help Out' scheme is now underway, supporting the hospitality industry by...Read More
On Fife The Advantage
Mon 3 Aug 20
ONFife brings together some of Fife’s best-loved food and drink to celebrate summer...Read More
WIT Wednesday: Employment, Skills & Training: Industry Support
Wed 12 Aug 20 to Wed 12 Aug 20
This WIT Wednesday will focus on industry support and resources for employment, skills...Read More
Exploring Menu Development For Hospitality Businesses Post-Lockdown
Tue 25 Aug 20 to Tue 25 Aug 20
Join Zero Waste Scotland for the second webinar in their ‘Hospitality Secret Weapon...Read More
Dunfermline & West Fife LTA Meeting
Fri 28 Aug 20 to Fri 28 Aug 20
Hello everybody - date for diary - our next Webinar will be on Tuesday 25th August at 2pm...Read More
Marketing Your Business
Mon 7 Sep 20 to Mon 7 Sep 20
In this workshop you will: explore what the market is identify what your customers...Read More