#AccessFife led by Fife Tourism Partnership, Homelands Trust & The Rings is the next step to promote accessible tourism in Scotland.
Accessible tourism is the vision to harness the growing, high value accessible tourism market, and for Scotland to become internationally recognised as a leading destination for people with access needs. Investment in accessible tourism will help improve social inclusion and sustainability and boost tourism's GVA contribution to the Scottish economy.
Strategic Project Outcomes for #AccessFife
1. Establish the social and economic benefits to businesses, visitors, and the area as a whole of creating an accessible destination.
2. Establish the principles of methodology required to make accessible tourism a reality, to ensure that there is a legacy from the project, which will allow the approach to be replicated in other destinations within Scotland and elsewhere in Europe, making Fife a leader in accessible tourism.
3. Establish the synergy between different players in the tourism 'system' that is required to motivate and deliver, across the supply chain, a fully inclusive destination.
• Training: All staff to complete an online Accessible Tourism training programme (this has already been developed by VisitScotland and funded by the Scottish Government).
• Information: Each business to complete an Accessibility Guide using an online Access Statement builder tool and adding this to their web-site
• Physical access: Businesses to take practical steps to improve their accessibility and enhance their Access Statement – on a scale that is feasible for the business. These should include, where reasonable, both amendments to improve service provision (e.g. large print menus in restaurants, BSL guides in visitor attractions, provision for assistance dogs, etc.), and amendments to improve physical access.
More information on Accessible Tourism can be found here.
For more information, email john.murray-EP@fife.gov.uk
Closure of M90 as Blairadam Forest work starts
Mon 14 Jan 19
Part of the M90 is set to close on Sunday 20th January from 22:00 until 06:30 on Monday...Read More
Bowhouse starts the year with new Fitness and Wellbeing at Bowhouse
Fri 11 Jan 19
Bowhouse will host its first ever fitness and wellbeing event in the New Year, on...Read More
Stan & Ollie – the 9th fine movie Scaramanga has gotten into!
Fri 11 Jan 19
Fife vintage specialist Scaramanga is on Cloud Nine after one of its antique suitcases is...Read More
George Lauder Bursary 2019
Tue 8 Jan 19
Imagine spending a summer studying in the USA for free – AMAZING! This once in a life...Read More
Setting sights on Scotland
Tue 8 Jan 19
A new study, commissioned by VisitScotland, has highlighted the types of offers...Read More
Fife Tourism Worth £588 Million to the Economy
Mon 7 Jan 19
Fife is celebrating another successful year of tourism, welcoming more than 8.3m visitors...Read More
TS2020 Update – Influencing Investment
Thu 20 Dec 18
Scottish Tourism Alliance (STA) are delighted to send to present the third edition of...Read More
Robert the Bruce, King of Maps
Wed 12 Dec 18
An interactive map of Scotland featuring the film locations of Outlaw King and historic...Read More
WorldHost Customer Service Workshop - St Andrews
Mon 21 Jan 19 to Mon 21 Jan 19
Originally developed in Canada – widely recognised as the leading global destination...Read More
Tourism St Andrews Meeting
Tue 22 Jan 19 to Tue 22 Jan 19
The next Tourism St Andrews meeting will be held on Tuesday 22nd January 2019 starting at...Read More
Dunfermline and West Fife Local Tourism Association Annual Quiz Night
Thu 24 Jan 19 to Thu 24 Jan 19
Formed as part of the Fife Tourism Partnership back in 2011 the Dunfermline and West Fife...Read More
Fife Pilgrim Way - Business Breakfast (St Andrews)
Wed 30 Jan 19 to Wed 30 Jan 19
Join the Fife Pilgrim Way Team for a business breakfast to learn about the business...Read More