Tue 10 May 16
New Business Opportunities for St Andrews
- Seminar Invitation
Thursday 12th May 2016
6pm - 7.30pm
The Conference Room, The Byre Theatre, St Andrews
• Did you know that in 2016 over 80 cruise ship visits will take place on the Forth or the Tay, involving over 90,000 passengers and crew?
• Would you like to know more about the business opportunities offered by this growing market?
• Would you like to know how to become a more 'cruise friendly business'?
The St Andrews Business Improvement District (BID) and CruiseForth are hosting a joint seminar on the business opportunities offered by this growing sector. In addition to visiting St Andrews, many passengers will be beginning or ending their cruise on the Forth or the Tay, and will require a range of services. Some ships also stay overnight offering businesses greater opportunities to promote a variety of special visitor experiences.
Our speaker for this event is Peter Wilson, CruiseForth Project Manager. CruiseForth is an expert group of Fife-based volunteers whose main interest is to welcome cruise liner passengers (and crews) arriving in the Forth and Tay. They aim to promote the many local services, shops, restaurants, accommodation providers and visitor attractions for those visitors who are looking for something different to do.
Now in its sixth year, CruiseForth were the 2015 winners of the Visit Scotland Thistle Awards 'Warmest Welcome' category.
The St Andrews business opportunities seminar will include:
• information about this growing business sector
• what the CruiseForth project is about
• what is happening so far in relation to St Andrews
• what are the business opportunities
• how businesses can be involved this year
• how businesses in St Andrews can prepare for a busier 2017
Book your place:
This event is free to attend - but places are limited - so booking is essential. To book your place - please visit: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/opportunities-with-cruiseforth-tickets-24956181611