UCI World Cycling Championships Men’s Elite Road Race coming through Fife
The route for the UCI Men’s Elite Road Race, which will form part of the 2023 UCI Cycling World Championships, has been announced.
The race will pass through South Fife on Sunday 6th August 2023. This is anticipated to be a large event drawing visitors from across the world to attend and follow the race as it makes its way from Edinburgh to Glasgow.
As part of our preparations for the event, we have provided the list of roads that will form the route through Fife and further information below to help residents and businesses know how to prepare and what to expect on the day.
The UCI Men’s Elite Road Race will begin in Edinburgh and will enter Fife at approximately 10am via the Queensferry Crossing before travelling the following route:
- Ferrytoll Road
- Castle Road
- Hilton Road, Rosyth
- A985 to Craigwell Path, Crombie
- Cairneyhill Roundabout
- B9037 through Main Street Torryburn to Main Street Newmills
- Main Street and Low Causeway, Low Valleyfield
- Low Causeway to Sandhaven to Balgonie West, Culross
- C5 Culross to Longannet Roundabout to Toll Road, Kincardine
- Feregait, Kincardine to Kilbagie Roundabout
Upon leaving Kincardine, the race will take the 1st exit at Kilbagie Roundabout and cross the Clackmannanshire Bridge.